Sounds don't work ingame

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Simulacron, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Simulacron

Simulacron L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    For my map pd_ritual I want to make custom voiceline. Today I created new ones,but I have problems getting them ingame. They appear in hammer and I also can select and play them put when I compile (and pack) my map the sounds can't be heard. I also changed the sound to the old voiceline I recorded and this is still working, so the ambient_generic or the logic works perfectly. My new voicelines are all wav files like my old ones. They are also in the same folder so tf2 and hammer should find the file.

2. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Are you getting any errors in the console?

3. Simulacron

Positive Ratings:
    The first time I run the map there was something that had to do with the sounds (and was red like an error), but after I loaded the map again it isn't appearing in the consol anymore

4. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Doesn't TF2 only accept MP3s since Valve converted everything a couple of months back?

5. Simulacron

Positive Ratings:
    I will try this now

Edit: My Programm isn't supporting mp3 :p But wav worked fine a few days ago

6. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    TF2 supports both wavs and mp3s, but it's designed so that wav files loop and mp3 files don't.

Anyway, check the bit rate of your audio files. If I remember correctly Source only supports a bit rate of 44100.