Sorry noob here...

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by mr_briteside86, Aug 24, 2008.

1. mr_briteside86

mr_briteside86 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello all I've recently gotten into mapping and so far I'm enjoying it however I'm having an issue as my map will not load at all. I looked at the compile log checker and I had zero issues there and I even looked at the "common tf2 map errors" or whatever thread and none of those were my problem. It just won't load. period.

If anyone wants to take a look at my map to tell me what I've done wrong I'll attach it to this post but just keep in mind I was only making it to test that I'd be doing things correctly not to win any contests.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

ALSO I don't want this problem fixed for me I simply want someone to tell me how to fix it so I know what to do in the future. I can't get any better if I don't learn anything.

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Hi there and welcome =)

Judging on the file name the big "woops" is that you can not have a space in the file name.

try "skybox_test" that should fix it right up =)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. mr_briteside86

mr_briteside86 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yep...that was it. I feel kind of dumb but I never read anywhere about spaces being no no's. Thanks a LOT for the help.

4. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    lolz...never knew that...
    i just got into the habit of doing the underscore due to working with internet files alot XD

5. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Heres a useful link - http://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errors

When you've got an error, copy the compile log into there and it finds most common errors and suggests ways to fix them. Its actually how I found out that you couldn't have spaces in filenames.