Song made entirely out of TF2 sounds - (WIP)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cornontheCoD, Sep 21, 2009.

1. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Since TF2 sounds are so iconic, I had been wanting to do this for awhile, but I couldn't do it with the music creation program I had. I eventually got a new program, so I just finished creating this song. It is still a WIP, so I am posting it here for comments and suggestions.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/580413/FL Studio songs/Completed songs/test_tf2_wip.mp3

Every single sound you hear in the song is an un-changed sound file from TF2. The exception is that I cut parts of a few of the sounds, but I didn't actually alter how they sounded.

Edit: I am curious if there will be copyright issues if I put this on youtube. Anyone know?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. pl

pl L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm actually surprised as to the fact that you can actually create some sort of percussion with TF2 sounds, lol. It's got a catchy rhythm to it. What program did you use to create this since you didn't mention? (I'm just curious; I already use GarageBand)

But I think you should be okay with posting this on YouTube - tons of others do things like these. But.. just to be safe, make sure you do credit Valve in the description.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    That's pretty cool, People have made HL2 versions just like this in iPod advert style video's.

and this..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=639y7fweUBg"]YouTube - World of Crashes - TF2 Style (Meet the Crashes)[/ame]

So i doubt you'll have issues.

4. Pilk

Pilk L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    No problems putting this on YouTube, it's basically free advertising for the game and Valve view it that way. Like Phil said if you really want to be sure put a link in to teamfortress.com

WMG, however, will force a mute on your video if it contains any of their intellectual property.

5. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Cool, thanks for the help, guys. I use FL Studio for arranging music.

6. pl

pl L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hehe, thought so, since most people I know use it.

7. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Google mastgrr, his songs could give you some ideas.

8. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Reminds me of Ballad of Black Mesa. Probably a little too much... :/ I think maybe it's because they both primarily use weapon sounds.

9. RedWatch

RedWatch L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It's awesome.
    Snark, it also reminds me BBM.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKTIfXTd32M"]YouTube - Heavy Weapons Guy - Babyman (pokerface)[/ame]

11. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
  12. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    I'm so incredibly glad it's not one of those horrible "songs" where people think that because they can take a phrase like "Bonk" and map it as a midi clip it's somehow worth listening to...