Somewhat quick introduction.

Auwi

Certified in best in fun
aa
Dec 12, 2012
Hello people of the internet.

I've been into mapping for a while now, and just a few months ago have I really gotten into it. I must say, its fun but a long process to take on. Usually I'll need a motive to finish a map, but sometimes I don't even need one. I've tried making several maps from concepts I had in my head, most of the time they are just blagh. Other times they might actually be good, but I'm too lazy to do an artpass or something.

Enough about that, I've been on about 4-3 gamedays and I must say, testing maps is actually fun for me. There are a lot of friendly people on the server, and the maps are always fun to criticize. Whether it would be too big or too small, too dark or too light, I always strive to give some feedback. I hope to be on more gamedays in the future. :)

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Welcome to the forums!

If you have ideas spinning in your head, grab some paper and sketch a layout down of what you're thinking of, it makes everything a whole lot easier to visualize and you won't lose the idea afterwards. It's great that we have more people looking forward to gamedays as well :D

As I said, welcome and enjoy your stay here :)

Auwi

Certified in best in fun
aa
Dec 12, 2012
I did find that sketching out the idea is a lot easier than just thinking about it. I am a great visual learner, and it also helps me visualize my map better. I also try to plan where people will go based on lighting and signage. I've also found its good to visualize the actual combat, so you can spot for points that are weak in defense or too strong in it.