Someone make this map!

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
Not sure how this will incorporate the first point/outside area, but the officey/fancy areas sound okay. If someone made a model of Blutarch and put him up there looking down on C they'd earn extra points from Valve for sure.

Feb 14, 2008
Going to say something fairly obvious - a lot of people entering the contest see this as their opportunity to pursue their own creative vision for what theme they want the map to be, not somebody else's. If you really want this to be a reality, then make it yourself! There are plenty of tutorials on this forum, and on the Valve Dev Wiki (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Level_Creation) for you to read and learn from. Give it a go!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The layout of the buildings in the map is all wrong for that sort of thing. They're too random, scattered, and haphazardly designed. Belive me, I wanted to do a sort of industrial theme too, and gave up when I saw the actual map.

Mostly Harmless

L1: Registered
Jun 18, 2010
I've actually considered the premise several times (That is: A map wherein the teams attack/defend actual corporate headquarters or possibly even privation mansions housing blutarch/redmond) but the wall I keep coming up against is that getting that far into either teams base sort of brings the tf2 storyline too close to a finality, whereas the way it's written now the battle could literally rage forever. I realize that no one is talking about ACTUALLY making blutarch/redmond killable, but still, a home or office invasion type objective would almost force valve to continue the storyline somehow if the map gained enough popularity, which might go against something they already have in the works.

Just my .02

I think there's good ways to incorporate actual office/mansion/not-your-usual-industrial-desert-tf2-map-thingy without forcing it through the storyline like that.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
What I think he's forgetting is that TF2 has a well established theme already (Let's pretend Egypt doesn't exist) of ordinary, abandoned buildings acting as facades for bases. The industrial/desert/forest look is how TF2 is supposed to look, so I sure hope Valve doesn't let a map with a theme like this win.

Jokerz123

L1: Registered
Jan 29, 2009
as far as valve made and distributed maps goes i have to agree with muffin, if the style suddenly changed it would be a bad idea. however community made maps can be whatever you want which i absolutely love.