Some Noob Question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Baconmaster33, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Baconmaster33

Baconmaster33 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have some question about Map making i cant figure out.

Question one- What happens if you dont have a hammer.bat folder and how do i get it

Question 2 - Every time I open hammer it just stops working or i cant click anything how do i fix this

Question 3 I saw a map with destroy able terrain cp_infiltration i think how do you do that?

(Just added) Question 4 Is there a way to make interactable terrain. ( Ex like when a control point is capped and new doors open or lock
    Question 5 Are there any good map making guides or Video that anyone knows of?
    Thank you for spending your time reading these

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
  3. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
  4. MrHatlf

MrHatlf engineer main, majoring in exploiting

Positive Ratings:
  5. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  6. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Hammer.bat is a file in steam/steamapps/team fortress 2/bin; if you don't have it, verify the integrity of your TF2 cache (steam library, right-click tf2, properties, local files).

How do you open hammer?

Destructible terrain is possible with entities like func_breakable, but it's problematic (sticky bombs don't stick to it, for example) and generally unnecessary/frowned upon/too gimmicky.

This is handled by entity inputs and outputs - for example, if you want to open a door when a control point is capped, you'd go into the outputs of the team_control_point, and add a new one: OnCappedTeam2/3 [2 is red, 3 is blu] some_door_name Open.