[Solved] Wow - may have just lost hammer

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Transitioned computer into a new box - everything seems ok, then I launch hammer and get fatal error message:

Fatal Error - Missing material 'edittor/wireframe'. Go to tools | Options | Game Configurations and verify that your game directory is correct.

I have changed anything with my hammer set up, I just moved my C drive from box A to box B.

Edit: My TF2 isn't working now either - I start it up and nothing happens, task manager says steam is running and that's it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. nesman

aa nesman oh god how did this get here

Positive Ratings:
    do you at least have the map files or tf2 files backed up? or are they still accessible? and you can copy those files and just reinstall tf2?

Edit:
    also how did you go about moving files to a new pc? I did the same thing a while back and steam didnt like it till I ran some tool (cant remember what ti was off the top of my head)

this could just be steam not liking the file locations or something odd

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. comradecommie

comradecommie L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    verify integrity of game files

4. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    I moved my entire system as is into a new atx case, added in two new hard drives as existing ones are full (and I mean full!), nothing else changed, Still have all files and have verified already - no issues, so looks like I'll copy all existing map files etc and do a complete reinstall and see if that helps - thanks.

5. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Reinstalled TF2, ran game, then reinstalled Hammer works fine now :)