(Solved) Pointfile going through a skybox brush?

T.A.R.F.U in A.W.R

L1: Registered
Jan 1, 2017
I was compiling a map that me and a friend are working on with VBCT and It stopped the compile saying there was a leak, so i go load the pointfile only to see this:
gQE0Lh2.png

Can anybody here tell me what this means?

Last edited:

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Welcome to TF2Maps, we hope you enjoy your stay! The cafe is down that hall, first door to the left. We serve free breakfast each morning from 6 am to 11 am. Biscuits are served on Tuesdays.

Make sure to join the steam group ( http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2Mappers ), and hang out in the group chat with all the cool kids!

When your map is ready to be tested, you can add a download for it by going to the downloads section of the forums. Tell us a little about your map and post a couple screenshots so we can get the general feeling of what it is. Then join the steam group chat, and use the bot to add your map to the imp list. Or if there is a gameday thread (which have been pretty scarce recently), you can post it to there.

Also, happy new year!

Hello!
I can not see the image but there are quite a few things you can check when that happens.
First, make sure all the origin points of your props are inside your map.
Second, make sure you didn't accidentally use overlay textures to block off your map (especially that overlay concrete texture)
Third, make sure you disabled radius culling. This is a 'R' button with a red circle around it. This will allow your map to be fully loaded.
Fourth, good old restart (hammer)
Fifth, copy paste error log on here and check for other errors.

If you can't still solve the problem, dont worry!
Odds are that I forgot other possible solutions so other members will give you solutions.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
First off your image doesn't seem to work. Make sure when uploading images, you click the blue "upload a file" button, select the picture you want, then click "full image" or "thumbnail" when it's done uploading. When the image isn't working, this is all we see:
KS4fLTy.jpg

I'm gonna try and take a guess however. Make sure the skybox brush isn't a func_detail or any other type of brush-entity. Also make sure it isn't a displacement. If it is a func_detail or brush entity, select is and press Ctrl + Shift + W. If it's a displacement, select it, open the texture application tool, go to the displacement tab and hit "destroy".