(Solved) Pointfile going through a skybox brush?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by T.A.R.F.U in A.W.R, Jan 1, 2017.

1. T.A.R.F.U in A.W.R

T.A.R.F.U in A.W.R L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I was compiling a map that me and a friend are working on with VBCT and It stopped the compile saying there was a leak, so i go load the pointfile only to see this:
    [​IMG]
    Can anybody here tell me what this means?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello!
    I can not see the image but there are quite a few things you can check when that happens.
    First, make sure all the origin points of your props are inside your map.
    Second, make sure you didn't accidentally use overlay textures to block off your map (especially that overlay concrete texture)
    Third, make sure you disabled radius culling. This is a 'R' button with a red circle around it. This will allow your map to be fully loaded.
    Fourth, good old restart (hammer)
    Fifth, copy paste error log on here and check for other errors.

If you can't still solve the problem, dont worry!
    Odds are that I forgot other possible solutions so other members will give you solutions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    First off your image doesn't seem to work. Make sure when uploading images, you click the blue "upload a file" button, select the picture you want, then click "full image" or "thumbnail" when it's done uploading. When the image isn't working, this is all we see:
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna try and take a guess however. Make sure the skybox brush isn't a func_detail or any other type of brush-entity. Also make sure it isn't a displacement. If it is a func_detail or brush entity, select is and press Ctrl + Shift + W. If it's a displacement, select it, open the texture application tool, go to the displacement tab and hit "destroy".

4. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
  5. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well I thought it was somewhat suitable since he is a new guy too.

I'll admit I just wanted to quote that

6. T.A.R.F.U in A.W.R

T.A.R.F.U in A.W.R L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you for the feedback. The problem has been solved.