[Solved]payload is blowing up at raound start

Oct 6, 2008
using a prop_physics_override with model attached

my test bots are absolutely suicidal and attack cart in vast numbers 14 vs 16 shooting each other at point blank range < very fun to watch but the cart is getting stuck in the crossfire and for some reason is going boom before the end of the round.

any ideas what;s going on and how to stop it?

thanks

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Maybe look at the 'Health' keyvalue of the prop_physics_override. If it has a value greater than 0, then it can and will eventually be killed. Setting it to 0 should give it infinite health.

I'd also check the flags of the prop_physics_override and look for any regarding damage.

Oct 6, 2008
Not sure if I got the health right - it set to zero, flag checked off to not take physics damage - cart still went boom :(

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Exactly what Inputs and Outputs does it have? What else is in the area around where it explodes? Things such as trigger_hurt or trigger_push - anything that might be interacting with the cart even without player involvement.

Oct 6, 2008
Solved - it was the final kill trigger underneath the payload - cart starts and stops there, I had a physics flag checked on it. I guess some bullets (there was a ton flying around) hit the tigger causing it to fire and thus blowing up the payload. I solved the issue by disabiling the triggers at the start of the round and then enabled them when the cart gets near the final cap lest a stray bullet blows it up again.

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Bullets aren't actually physics objects. Things like dropped ammo packs or dropped weapons can activate these triggers.
Today people use filters on the trigger that only allows entities with a specific name to activate it. More specifically, they give it the name of the payload. Add that to your trigger and it should be save from further bugs.

Oct 6, 2008
Would the filter be in the team filters name and then I make a team filter called the_payload_prop? I had ontirgger target entiy the_payload_prop - kill.
Although your ammo stuff makes sense - the tug-of-war starts out on top of a death pit (and also ends) so all those bodies and gear dying was probably the thing setting it off.