[SOLVED] Looking for someone to help improve a map I use for my TF2 server

Lucabutt

L1: Registered
May 29, 2020
Henlo,

As the title of the thread states, I'm looking for an advanced mapper who has some time on their hands to help me out. I, along with a friend, was working on a trade map that I'm using for my TF2 server and we've done what we could with it but there are still plenty of issues that I'd like to fix but don't know how nor have the time to take care of them myself. I'll also pay for a job well done. :D

• There is a problem with players (myself included) crashing upon joining the server whenever this map is loaded. At first I thought it was due to a defunct plugin or something but I've checked all my stuff carefully and there's nothing wrong in that regard, which leads me to believe it's due to the map. This issue doesn't happen with other maps I load on the server.
  • There's certain parts of the map where frames drop heavily (poorly optimized most likely).
  • Overall more detail, scenery, polishing is needed. I would love to have something such as a 3D skybox to give the impression of there being a real world rather than just staring out into the mundane skybox texture.

That about sums it up. I'll provide more details for those that are interested in taking on this project. Cheers!

Lucabutt

L1: Registered
May 29, 2020
Could you post some screenshots?
I assume you mean map screenshots? If so, you can find them on my Steam profile. The map is called trade_xmaslodge_rc19 as of the latest version.

And uh, while it's not my map, I only take credit for the additional stuff that my friend and I did that weren't part of the original trade_xmaslodge_v1 which can be found here: https://tf2maps.net/downloads/christmas-lodge.7013/

Long story short, I was looking for a trade map to use for my server and came across this one that I happened to like quite a lot. I asked squeezeit, the creator, if I could have the .vmf to work on it and unfortunately he no longer had it but gave me the OK to decompile it and do whatever I wanted then things sailed smoothly from there.

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
I'm interested I suppose :)