[SOLVED] How do I make Areaportals work with shutter doors?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
I'm trying to make a spawndoor that blocks visibility when it's closed, by linking it to an Areaportal. However, the shutter door prop is so thin that the Areaportal can be seen through it in game. There's also a gap at the top due to the cylinder in the doorframe.
The Areaportal is 2hu wide.

upload_2019-7-14_14-59-19.png

I checked out Badlands' .vmf and it looks like Valve didn't use linked areaportals for their prop doors. Is there any way of making this work or should I just replace them with thicker, brush-based doors?

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
So the solution was very simple - just make the Areaportal 1hu thick and viola. Thanks to Blade x64 for helping me on Discord :)

I think you just have to make the areaportal closed OnFullyClosed and open the areaportal when OnOpen.
The problem wasn't that the Areaportal wasn't closing, it was that you could see it closing through the door. Areaportals have their own "linked door" property, you don't have to mess about with the I/O system. Thanks for your ideas either way :)