[Solved] Help with path_track speed

The_Gl!tch.exe

L3: Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hello there,
I'm working on a part of my map where a ghost (tracktrain) starts moving by a trigger, moving back and standing still again.
[2]---------[1]
basically, moving back and forth.
The speed when spawning is set to 0
When touching the trigger, the tracktrain is set to the speed 100.
If it reaches the second path_track, it'll move back to the first path_track with speed 200.
I want to let the ghost stand still on the first path_track again until the trigger gets touched again setting a new speed.
However,
- setting the speed to 0 changes nothing
- setting it to 0.00001 also doesn't help

Any solutions?

Cyberen

Mar 30, 2021
tracktrain speeds have two variables:

1. Speed is a percentage of the maxspeed you set for the tracktrain. It can't go above the max speed. So if you want the ghost to have a speed of 400 next time, make 400 the max speed and for speed 100, set the speed to .25
2. Setspeedreal is a way to make the speed an integer instead of a decimal, and can be any number up to max speed.

If you want it to reverse course after the first point, just make that path_track's next node be the first node, and have it change the speed with an onpass output.

The_Gl!tch.exe

Apr 3, 2018
I changed the speed output to setspeedreal now.

But still idk how to make the tracktrain stop.
It starts/ spawns with 0 speed at the first path_track.
If sb touches the trigger, the tracktrain starts moving.
The tracktrain reaches the second path_track and moves back to the first one with a new speed.
But how do I tell the first tracktrain to set the speed to 0 again? The speed value 0 on a path_track means that the speed doesn't change at all.