*SOLVED* Gameinfo.txt located in wrong place????

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Ober, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Ober

Ober L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I just upgraded my computer with a clean slate. To save my files (and because this is a shared computer), I moved steam to a backup Drive (F: ). I have an ambitious plan to make a frontline map, but when I started hammer up, It gave me an error:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\gameinfo.txt is missing. I started up half life 2 and team fortress 2 to make sure that there was an existing gameinfo, but the problem persisted.
    So, I tried to edit the source sdk configurations, but the address seemed correct. I do not want to move steam itself, as I have bad experiences with doing so and my C: drive will barely have any leftover space. Any Help? anything that I may have missed? Please reply!
    :)

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You are running the tools from the tf install folder, right?

3. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You need to change the GameConfig.txt file located in "Steam/SteamApps/common/Team Fortress 2/bin" and change the file paths for the TF2 entry to use the drive you're using

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Ober

Ober L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Solved! Thank you so much Dr. Orange! I will leave this up for others who may be having the same problem.