(SOLVED) Both Teams Spawning in the Same Spawn Spot (Single Stage A/D Map)

FrostyBlade

L1: Registered
Nov 1, 2015
I have been creating a single stage attack/defend map. However, the spawns are messed up because both teams are spawning in one spot. I have tried creating a round entity and assigning each spawn point to the round entity, but the same thing happened. The spawn rooms are set up correctly and everything else in the map works. It has happened in both the RED and BLU spawns and all the spawn points have separate names.
Help would be appreciated.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
Have you checked that the spawnpoints are set to the correct teams?

Also, you do not need to name the spawnpoints.

May 25, 2015
16 units off the ground.
Well, any distance will do. I usually use 8, but 1 unit is also enough. Though, it's more easily accesible to have it 8/16 units above the ground, since that's the grid sixe (I hope) you'll be using the most.
To sum it up: It needs to be any distance above the ground to work.

FrostyBlade

L1: Registered
Nov 1, 2015
The func_respawnrooms are set to the correct teams, and the spawn points are above the ground. I heard this is a common problem with A/D maps and has something to do with the control points.

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
The func_respawnrooms are set to the correct teams, and the spawn points are above the ground. I heard this is a common problem with A/D maps and has something to do with the control points.
I don't think you need to associate them to a round entity if it's a single stage A/D map. At least I never have?
If you have foward-spawns then you need to associate them with the capture points.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Don't use _any_ of the "associated control point" or "X team for round" fields, none of them. Don't do it, they're probably the reason this is messing up for you. They work by sending enable/disable inputs to the spawn entities and they don't care if a point is a forward spawn or not, if it's marked as for that round, it'll enable it and you'll be confused as to why shit's broken.
(I've been working with TF2 for 8 years and only worked this out last year)

Make your info_player_teamspawn entities for each team. Give them a team value, give them the correct 'start disabled' value.

If you haven't got any of the associated cp or X team for round stuff set, this should now work.

If you need to change where players spawn, do so only by manually calling enable/disable on the spawn points you want to change.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
didn't someone post this already, with a hilarious picture? *shrug* sorry, that was funny how all 16 people spawned into each other to form some deformed mass, well back to the depths of hammer compile log debuggery