Soccer field dimensions?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Daedryon, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Daedryon

Daedryon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    What would be the best dimensions for a soccer field for this map I'm working on?

The soccer field itself isn't the main focus of the map, but a side attraction that players can go to if they want.

I need good dimensions for the field itself.

Of course, I'll be adding lines to the field using brushes that are 20.0 wide, and so I've gotta take those lines into account. As well, I've gotta do the center lines in the rough shape of a circle which is gonna be a pain in my ass.

Bonus question: I read this post and the author said he was making a prefab.

Does anyone have a prefab soccer field? I need one that I can edit so that the round doesn't end when someone scores a goal, but the ball simply respawns in the center when someone scores a goal.

2. zornor

zornor L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Google is your friend.

And so is maths.

Divide the average height of an RL human adult by the average height of a TF2 character (use inches for both measurements, 1 Source unit is an inch iirc). Then multiply that number by the length and width of a soccer field.

Or something like that

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080608183020AAkQ1A3

3. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Lulz, nevermind, friend of mine sent me a prefab soccer field he had.

4. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    You may not want to think in perfectly mathematical ratios. Consider first, will the area of a proportionately scaled soccer field be better than a soccer field that's wider? Or narrower?

Gameplay first. THEN realism.

5. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    READ ABOVE POST.

Friend of mine sent me a prefab soccer arena. Perfect dimensions.