So Valve broke Hammer?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Considering that there is a week left before the deadline; Oh boy - they sure pick their moments.

Selecting objects in the 3D view is broken after my SDK updated. I can only select objects at certain angles and sometimes it ends up selecting objects behind what I am trying to select.

For example, I am trying to select the wall in the following image highlighted by a red cross.

broken1.jpg

I select it but...what is this?

broken2.jpg

It's selected a displacement behind the object I wanted to select.

Here's an overview.

broken3.jpg

:facepalm:

Anybody else had the same problem since the update?

EDIT: It seems that 'Reverse Selection Order' had been ticked under Options for some reason. I've never touched the option. >_>

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Hm, interesting. I'll make sure to tick that off as well if it's something from the update or whatever.

But why would anyone even want a reversed selection order? o_O

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
EDIT: It seems that 'Reverse Selection Order' had been ticked under Options for some reason. I've never touched the option. >_>

This mean your issue is resolved and that you were making false allegations of our beloved valve??

if so you should state it clearer so people dont come to the thread and rage more :p

strangemodule

L5: Dapper Member
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah, while using Hammer on my laptop, I had "Reverse Selection Order" on by default for some reason. Valve has a way of having options turn on themselves.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Which update is this??

MoonQuake

L3: Member
Jul 18, 2009
There was no SDK update lately, the original poster fixed his problem by going in Hammer's settings and turning off reverse selection. Probably got toggled on by accidentally pressing the shortcut key.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
This mean your issue is resolved and that you were making false allegations of our beloved valve??

if so you should state it clearer so people dont come to the thread and rage more :p

Well there was an SDK update. Put 1 and 1 together...

65521d1202498782-fah-exe-there-but-no-folding-pebkac.jpg

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Component between keyboard and chair has detected that a problem exists: "Vista".