So is there no control on the AI director or what?

Bonafide

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 18, 2008
This guy put Dust into the L4D demo and the AI director places zombies without check points or anything. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SlXeiRH8VI"]YouTube - de_dust in Left 4 Dead Demo[/ame]

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
The AI puts zombies where it thinks they have an advantage- it put them in alleys and on top of stuff. Two more things to point out: looked like he was playing on easy due to the lack of hordes and de_dust isn't set up properly for intense zombie actions.

The AI isn't stupid, basically, it's very well done.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
It would be cool if you can force events in hammer. For example, a trigger to stop spawning hordes, another one to force spawn of a zombie boss (witch, that hulk thing, etc), and a lot of custom stuff. So you can create really scary events. I'm not scared if I see tons of zombies attacking me, but beeing on a random silence zone, and a witch appearing from the nowhere followed by a scary sound would make me piss in the pants

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You can have events force a panic (where loads rush at you, and on the harder modes those include bosses) so to a large extent you can do just that.

The car alarm prop is fantastic, its just a "prop_car_alarm" and some light entities and a sound, really simple.