So I'm Resurrecting Walkway....

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Yes?

• Total voters

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I'd like to see some non-bot target practice areas. There's a map which completely escapes me at the moment that had a range with a really erratic target flying around, and while it didn't try to recreate practical gameplay, it was really good (and very difficult) aim practice.

wiseguy149

Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics
May 12, 2009
Isnt it possible to take some of the mvm mechanics? As in that case you could even use popfiles for diffirent training settings. And loadout becomes fully controllable.
I'm definitely going to be looking into incorporating some mvm mechanics. I'm not sure how much of that stuff I'll be able to use without just making it a straight-up mvm map and how precisely I'll be able to control it, though. Since it will be a large undertaking that's way different from anything else currently in the map, I'm currently planning to only tackle mvm after I finish with everything else I'm already working on. So I might decide to wait for rc4 with the mvm-related stuff with aggressive bots if I feel like I've already got enough to deliver a good update.

I'd like to see some non-bot target practice areas. There's a map which completely escapes me at the moment that had a range with a really erratic target flying around, and while it didn't try to recreate practical gameplay, it was really good (and very difficult) aim practice.

I was already planning on doing some stuff like that with cutouts popping up and moving around rapidly in a shooting gallery, but I'll definitely consider making some stuff really fast and erratic for even more of a challenge. Thanks for the suggestion. I've always been hesitant to incorporate less realistic behavior, but crazy fast and erratic movements still make for good practice.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I hadn't messed with it since before steampipe, so I dug around in my old maps folder and finally found it. It's called tr_aim_training (doh, should have remembered a name like that).

CapoFantasma97

L1: Registered
Aug 18, 2016
So, any news about the project?
Hope you did not abandon it, walkaway RC2 is the most famous training and testing map, and just with the hitbox fixes and the improvements to the bot behavior, it would be the definitive training map.

Wkay

Feb 6, 2016
I love you and tr_walkway.
I'll love the newest version tr_walkway too. ;-;

AeroGrenade

Mar 16, 2018
So.. It's been 3 years, any progress? I really miss tr_walkway and I'm really excited for rc3 but is the project dead or alive? Just wondering so not to get my hopes up waiting for years to be disappointed

- Sincerely
Aero

P.S. Please make it but I respect if the project is way too hard :).

ficool2

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 28, 2017
So.. It's been 3 years, any progress? I really miss tr_walkway and I'm really excited for rc3 but is the project dead or alive? Just wondering so not to get my hopes up waiting for years to be disappointed

- Sincerely
Aero

P.S. Please make it but I respect if the project is way too hard :).

He lost interest in it, its very likely that it will come out after HL3