So I think I broke hammer.

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

ACGOS

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2015
I just got this new desktop computer (Inspiron 3847 Desktop.) and I tried to set up hammer. Unfortunately I deleted it mistaking it for a shortcut to hammer. I reinstalled the SDK bases but now whenever I try to open a map or make a new one this happens.

"FATAL ERROR 'Missing material 'editor/wireframe'. Go to Tools | Options | Game Configurations and verify that your game directory is correct.'"
This happens several times before another message appears

'No textures are available for use with that game. You must set them up in the Textures tab of the Options dialog box before you can edit maps for this game.'

I am about to reinstall everything again, but I know that it wont do anything. I have verified the integrity but that didn't work. Is there anyway to fix this?

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Are you using the Hammer in Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin? The SDK version for TF2 doesn't work anymore.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
Are you using the Hammer in Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin? The SDK version for TF2 doesn't work anymore.

another thing to add, you should probably verify your download cache for tf2. that often fixes the missing texture issue, and also can rebuild so assets found inside hammer. doing so would also fix source sdk assets

ACGOS

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2015
Hmm, seems like I was using the wrong directory, thanks for your help you two.