1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

So I heard...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Liko, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Liko

Liko L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    ...and I came, to TF2maps. Anyway, background.

I have lurked on FPSBanana for the past couple of years, and with the past couple attacks, I'm really beginning to question the safeness of that site. There's that, and the fact that NovaSilisko suggested I join, or rather, he kinda implied it by referencing me to TF2Maps.

About me? Well, simple, I just graduated from high school, and I'm headed off to Worcester Polytechnic Institute next year. (for the few who might actually have heard of the place) I live in the Boston area, so I can confirm the Scout is a Bostonian. And yeah, the Scout is my favorite class.

I do mapping, or at least used to. See I don't do it very frequently because I've become so critical of my own work I can't seem to finish it ever. When I first got started with the Source engine, I was pushing out about 1-3 maps per month, now I'm down to not even 1 per year. My last release was a beta, CTF_q3stronghold_b1. It's in need of some proportion and obstacle fixes and prop additions. So by coming here, I'm hoping to fix this little problem of mine of not mapping :p.

er, so yeah, is that all the information one might need about me? I left out extraneous stuff, but that can be filled in later with questions you might have for me.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Glad to have you w/ us m8 :) I always love to hear about new members getting a referral from one of our vets, lol. For what it's worth, I have the same problem about never managing to finish my work, though for me it's cuz all of my time gets eaten by school and rl stuff. It's good to have a couple projects going, so you don't get burned out quite so easily. When you do get stuck however, I would highly recommend you check out our old mini-contests for inspiration. And there's usually someone in Steam chat who can help. Welcome to the group!

3. NovaSilisko

aa NovaSilisko L42: Life, the Universe and Everything

Positive Ratings:
    I feel honored to be called a vet >.>

4. Liko

Positive Ratings:
    Pleasure... I'll check out the STEAM group soon.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome!

6. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    Congratulations, here is your medal and certificate of vet-ness.

7. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
  8. Liko

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you very much. I was linked to the prefab you linked me a while ago before I joined. I admire A Boojum Snark for doing that.