So I had an idea, and decided to right it down....

Adobe WH

L1: Registered
Jul 28, 2015
So I had an idea, and decided to write it down....

and I, somehow, just kept going. Now I have this.

new

Just in case: http://imgur.com/gallery/GlH3tQC/new

This is pl_adendock_a1.
It is a 3 stage (dock & factory themed) payload map set in a little area of Aden, a port city in Yemen.
And this is the first planing of the map. If I feel like it, I could do sketches of each stage, and if so, I will add them to the thread.

The area that has been labeled can be found here.

[[ https://www.google.com/maps/place/Aden,+Yemen/@12.7956031,45.0019575,487m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x161e1cd6515ec22f:0x945fb3c323696fe9!6m1!1e1 ]]

-=- Errors -=- (I was tired)

-In The Final Termunis-
quit = quiet
rengle jump = rescue ranger jump

-In General-
I forgot to mention that the cart is dropped onto a section of smaller gas tanks, and explosions chain through some until reaching the big hunk (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Aden,+Yemen/@12.7959077,45.0029831,230m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x161e1cd6515ec22f:0x945fb3c323696fe9!6m1!1e1) of large gas tanks, creating a big explosion killing all the players.

I could obviously do this alone, but that would take a lot of time and work. Help would be pretty nice, since this would actually be my first major map. I'm not trying to whining for help (sorry if I am), but if you have nothing better to do and this interests you, maybe think about it :)

If you decide you wanna help me, do not add me on steam, I will most likely decline. Post here, and if we get things OK, then I'll add you.

Thanks for reading, and feedback is great. :)

Last edited:

Adobe WH

Jul 28, 2015
If I could create my own help, I'd make someone that is good with moving stuff and lighting. But almost anything would be great.

- General Building - There is a lot of it.
- Optimization - Because one person will miss things
- Skybox - Because I'm not the best with them
- Moving Logic - Theres a few things moving, and I'm not a troubleshooter
- Detailing - Because I would eventually run out of places to put boxes.
- Localizing - I'm not great at convincing and/or informing (I edit my posts a bunch), I am better at mapping.

Oh, and does the Image Insert work?
If it doesnt, and you havent seen it yet: :p
http://imgur.com/gallery/GlH3tQC/new

Last edited:

Adobe WH

Jul 28, 2015
=-= Update =-=

I started work on the second stage at the time of the last post.

The first planned gimmick, the grinder, is done.
The first impromptu gimmick, the box block, is done.

The map is playable, but not great. It will be a while before I make a release of any sort.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
sorry to feel like a prick, but the only thing you should be asking help on, is how to optimize your props, and ask for volunteers for testing. the basic brushes are okay, but it is not our map to add details. and if you want help with the skybox; here is the skylist off the development page: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sky_List

Apr 14, 2013
sorry to feel like a prick, but the only thing you should be asking help on, is how to optimize your props, and ask for volunteers for testing. the basic brushes are okay, but it is not our map to add details. and if you want help with the skybox; here is the skylist off the development page: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sky_List

That's not quite true. Everybody can ask for help if they feel like it, and that's exactly what Adobe did. I might have misunderstood the whole thing, but as far as I can see it, he asks for someone to help him with some of the stuff in hammer (like a collaboration, but with less commitment). And that's perfectly fine.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
That's not quite true. Everybody can ask for help if they feel like it, and that's exactly what Adobe did. I might have misunderstood the whole thing, but as far as I can see it, he asks for someone to help him with some of the stuff in hammer (like a collaboration, but with less commitment). And that's perfectly fine.

that wasn't my point, I do conceptual design for a living. a lot of times its a group job, but when it comes down to the actual design, its often one man doing the drawing. you can ask help, but to keep the project thematically singular, its hard to get multiple designers... well then again, if you have your singular theme, multiple people can do concepts. I feel like a jackass with my previous comment

Adobe WH

Jul 28, 2015
that wasn't my point, I do conceptual design for a living. a lot of times its a group job, but when it comes down to the actual design, its often one man doing the drawing. you can ask help, but to keep the project thematically singular, its hard to get multiple designers... well then again, if you have your singular theme, multiple people can do concepts. I feel like a jackass with my previous comment
No problem. The only jackass is someone who says hes never been a jackass.

And I am also a newish mapper, so I don't know how shit goes. I just assumed that there must be some collaboration system.

The point of this is that I could receive help and tricks, (ie. instances (SO AWESOME)), but mainly, make some friends of the mapping community.

Sorry if this is like against the rules or some shit. : P

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
No problem. The only jackass is someone who says hes never been a jackass.

And I am also a newish mapper, so I don't know how shit goes. I just assumed that there must be some collaboration system.

The point of this is that I could receive help and tricks, (ie. instances (SO AWESOME)), but mainly, make some friends of the mapping community.

Sorry if this is like against the rules or some shit. : P

first step to become a pro, be humble. it will take a while, it may not take long. but I wish you good luck on the road ahead. and their is, to my knowing, no collaborations requests in this thread