PLR Snowblind

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
Snowblind is an experiment in Payload Race.
It started out as a simple idea: Two straight stages of Payload Race, and the winner of the second stage becomes the attacker in a game of regular Payload. Then the chat suggested that I implement a "Tug-o-war" feature, which is best explained with an example:
If, let's say, RED wins the first stage, then the game moves to a second stage themed like the interior of a BLU base. Then, if BLU wins the second round, we return to the first stage once more, but this time BLU has a slight advantage. If BLU wins the first stage this time, then we progress into a second stage which is themed like the interior of RED's base. If BLU wins this round as well, they become the attackers for the third stage in a game of regular Payload.

And thus Snowblind was born.
The first stage is supposed to be fast and chaotic, as it will be potentially played the most. I'm going to submit it as an orphaned stage through rigorous playtesting (it's available for download up above!) before I build the second stage(s). I want it to be a lightning round of controlled chaos so as to hopefully prevent stalemates (such as the problem with Territorial Control).
The second round is a little less chaotic and more controllable, but the winner of the first round has an advantage in that they have a slightly shortened respawn and are fighting downhill. This round is supposed to give the losing team a chance to push back, but not so much of a chance that the game will keep bouncing back and forth between the first and second stages.
The third round is a game of 1 CP Payload. Unlike Hydro's A/D section, the defenders will be given 70 seconds to set up to prevent a steamroll, as with normal Payload games.
The attackers will be given 5 minutes plus the amount of time remaining on the timer for stage 2 to assault the final point.

Last edited:

English Mobster

Jul 10, 2011
Hah! You thought this was dead? Hah! Hah! I say!
(I've just been busy with BATT.)
The next build shall include these:

itsjustham-7.png

itsjustham2.png

dontrun-1.png

dontrun2.png

Yay.

(Dockyard, however, probably is dead.)

Last edited:

English Mobster

Jul 10, 2011
New release!

Changelog:
+ New Bombs.
+ Added powerlines.
/Expanded spawn hallways a bit.
/Reduced Setup time.
/Reduced large health pack under the bridge to a medium.
+Added 2 small health packs to absorb rocket/grenade jumps onto the roof.
+Added awning for Scouts to get onto the roof.
+Added lights to the tracks to tell which routes are active in each stage (currently, only stage 1 is available for download, but it should still help a bit).

Here are the bombs ingame:

99E51F1372B83006F8E93753D66A4C3B2EB12554

12F169937423623CB00FB863A365047B756ED46B

AAB7C9CEF823DFA4762DD725887B003974B7E97E

7161FF217957E5D2B3E5546EB0DAFE5B65DD74FA

Last edited: