KotH Snoverflow

AxiomaticFrood

L1: Registered
Aug 18, 2010
After many months, a new alpha appears, with layout and texture changes. (also still koth, unlike the type says...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 23, 2010
looks pretty nice. <3 the name as well. some of the detailing looks a little bland in some areas though.

AxiomaticFrood

Aug 18, 2010
I suppose I should mention that I haven't gotten around to detailing quite yet, I'm still hoping to play test this a bit before I add enough detail that it's hard to change.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I suppose I should mention that I haven't gotten around to detailing quite yet, I'm still hoping to play test this a bit before I add enough detail that it's hard to change.

thats okay, best not to detail it alot because you may have to change something, so keep it very simple to avoid wasteing hours of work.

Duke Silas

Jan 29, 2011
Looks nice. I like the lighting in the snowy areas.
I did notice on the 4th image at the bottom right the textures don't quite line up.

(edit: it wasn't the bottom left !)

Last edited:

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
I see you've done a good job of avoiding sightlines.

One thing I don't like is the hazard tape being a block, rather than a decal. Whether or not that was intentional, it doesn't work well IMO (the bottom screenshot).

Those hallways to the left and right look a bit bland too. Vary the textures a little.

Aug 10, 2009
Pictures of feedback :p :)

arena_snoverflow_a10000.jpg

arena_snoverflow_a10001.jpg

arena_snoverflow_a10002.jpg

arena_snoverflow_a10004.jpg

arena_snoverflow_a10006.jpg

Overall, it seems like you're thrusting the teams together pretty quickly. Try adding some spaces that will allow team members to hang back and leave later.