Sniper Artwork

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Fragimus_Max, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Fragimus_Max

Fragimus_Max L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  2. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    nice :)

3. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    looks great, love the coloring, but the perspective on the round parts, scope etc. is twisted

4. Fragimus_Max

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, more so on the uncolored version. I personally don't like the cuff or the tipped-up part of his hat, but what can you do? :) I tried to 'fix' things in the colored one, but considering that it was based on an ink-only brush drawing, there were some things that would have been redrawn had it been laid out in pencil first.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  5. Arhurt

Arhurt L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's very cool man, I loved the previous ones as well!

6. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Although I may be wrong, the glasses are suppose to be more rounded, no? Otherwise, top props!

7. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
  8. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Very nice artwok there! It really looks like he's aiming at his feet, though. The perspective of the sniper rifle is really messed up.

9. laghlagh

laghlagh L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Good, good. The sniper should be looking more down or the scope has to go up though.

10. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    when you look at a circular plane from an angle it becomes an elipse, try flattening the glass eye of the scope and adding some shading to suggest it it at an angle?

11. Fragimus_Max

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for all the feedback.

You'll understand why he's not aiming directly through the site once the entire picture is completed. Let's just say that he's just taken his shot, and he's looking through his last target. >:)

And other than the barrels not being straight, I don't think the perspective is all that bad. That is, unless you think I drew him aiming directly at the viewer... which he is not.

This will eventually be a spray... I'm just afraid that the sniper will have to be scaled down quite a bit to fit within the "frame" of the final picture - making him almost too small for a spray. I also have to change his uniform to BLU.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008