Small news for a change

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Armadillo of Doom, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    [80's]It's the final countdown![/80's] Sorry, I couldn't resist :blush: First some contest stuff to note. This discussion about time constraints & and the nature of 'finished maps' is worth reading; [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10174"]Citizen's Vote - Second Time Extension - TF2Maps.net[/ame] Second, I am not opposed to collaborations. Just the opposite actually. I would love to see more [ame=http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9283]community projects like this one.[/ame] If we were to do something in an official capacity, how exactly would we handle partners? [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10198"]Partners Competition, how to distribute? - TF2Maps.net[/ame] To sum up what I posted earlier; a lot of the major events we host here are not set in stone. I'm making this up as I go, and have taken a few lessons for the next mapping contest. Just remember that this whole community is a learning experience as much for me and the staff as it is for all of you ;)

Lastly, I have some ideas for more diverse educational events; i.e. details 101, class training, etc. I know a lot of you have expressed interest in these, and I will be hosting them again on a regular basis. Between school, wrapping up the contest, and working on the next big item, I simply haven't had the time. But don't let that stop you from making your own class-training event, or bugging the other moderators to do stuff :p It's easy to forget that TF2M is just over two years old, especially given how much the community has grown in such a short time. But we are still young, and will continue to change for quite awhile.

Halloween falls on a Saturday for once, and I am going to party my ass off, lol. What are your plans for this candy-tastic holiday?

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. Chaopsychochick

Chaopsychochick L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    My plans: Move back in with parents due to lack of job. :/

3. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Positive Ratings:
    My plans: Map till I drop! And going to school ofcourse ._.

4. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    It's 9 days till the end of the contest, a decision has to be made about an extension soon D:

EDIT: Ah, decision is made.

5. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    its already decided, no

6. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I plan to be grumpy because of little kids threatening me to get candy.

The idea of a collaboration contest is interesting, but I don't know how many people can cope with the responsibility. Either way, it sounds fun.

7. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Well i was gonna go to a halloween party but all my friends are boring now. Eeeh.. might get a tattoo, because i can. Was thinking of getting the soldier emblem on my arm. :D

8. Jack Riguel

Jack Riguel L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm gonna go to bed early, like I did last year. :/

Last year though on all saint's day we had a bitching halloween party because our boss wanted us to work on Halloween (not that anyone actually came in.) I need to go find my stash of eyeliner hidden somewhere now...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  9. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I wanna haloween update valve plzz

10. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    If they ever made a seasonal update, I hope it wouldn't involve the most useless, downright stupid yearly event ever.

11. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    If they do it probably would but if they did they'd probably take up either zf, or the swamp theme (or both) give us all haloween hats and maybe a haloween wep

12. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    And then everyone who is now sick of seeing TF2 textures can go download Neotokyo's Friday patch and play that for a while :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    My plan: Get a map to final. >_>

14. Shoomonger

Shoomonger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'll be playing Zombie Panic's new update, and watching Halloween (the old one) for the first time. I'll also probably play a little L4D.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  15. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Im going to a rave on friday.. Probably going to chill for halloween with my french exchange student :)