Small fix

Crack Jack

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2021
It's not much I just need a little bit of help moving the part in the picture all the way to the side since it's taking up a lot of room .

Attachments

• Interace.jpg
    Interace.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 80

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
That side toolbar actually consists of multiple individual panels which can all be clicked + dragged to rearrange them, or even extract them from that side bar entirely and turn them into floating windows. If you go to View > Screen Elements, you can make them invisible or visible again. I would advise turning off the Manifest Bar from this menu, as most mappers have no use for it. From there, all the remaining panels can be rearranged into a single column to take up the least amount of space.

EDIT: Also, I would advise using the print screen key on your keyboard (prtsc) to take screenshots. It copies the contents of your screen to your clipboard, when can then be inserted into various applications (including the TF2Maps website) via the Paste function or Ctrl-V.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
I've never personally used manifests, which are a relatively advanced Hammer feature. From what I understand, it's basically a method of splitting your map up across multiple files, which are viewed and edited from within one "master" file and can be "toggled" on and off as needed. If you've ever used an image editor that has layers, like GIMP or Photoshop, it seems to be a lot like that. It's also a technically unfinished feature; there's a bit of extra setup required to properly compile a map using manifests, which is probably the main drawback. Outside of version control, it's an arguably redundant feature, as there are plenty of other ways to manage what is or is not visible in your map (quickhide and visgroups, the latter of which is fairly functionally similar to manifests, although not quite as fancy). Regardless, some mappers do swear by manifests, and so it might be something worth checking out once you get the hang of the rest of Hammer's tools and are looking for ways to optimize your workflow.

If you're really interested in trying out manifests, I'd advise getting started with this guide.

EDIT: Also, manifests in Hammer should not be confused with particle manifest files, which are a totally unrelated thing.