Slopeside (A/D)

CP Slopeside (A/D) A2

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Slopeside (A/D) - Duke it out in a ski resort.

Capture or defend 4 control points in a ski resort beside the snowy slopes!

This is probably my biggest project so far. I've been working on this for a month or two now. Probably because I detailed slightly more than I should have for an A1. Oh well. I'm just glad that I finally got this released. Anyway, feedback would be greatly appreciated! (Now to get back to working on Cargoship...)

Screenshots:

20170519090721_1.jpg
Blu's first spawn

20170519090737_1.jpg
Point A area

20170519090749_1.jpg
Point B area

20170519090821_1.jpg
Point C area

20170519090854_1.jpg
Point D area

20170519091008_1.jpg
A labeled overview of the level. (I have no idea why the background is green...)

Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Alpha 2: The Less A-maze-ing Update
This update mostly includes changes to help lessen the confusion around the layout of the map and how to get to each point, because that was a huge problem during the gameplay. It also includes some fixes and tweaks. Hopefully the arrows directing players will help reduce players complaining about a confusing layout and dead ends (most of which were really just hallways with doors that hadn't opened yet because their associated control point hadn't been captured), and I can get some real feedback.
-Raised the height of certain clipped barriers between parts of the map so players aren't as inclined to attempt to jump over them
-Adjusted the clipping in the snow field by the second point
-Added label signs to each point
-Increased the size of the first point capture zone and concrete step so that it acts as an indicator of the capture zone
-Added arrow signs that appear and disappear as points are captured, directing players to the currently active point
-Fixed one of Red's final spawns not having lighting
-Adjusted the shape of the large snow area near point B
-Added overlays surrounding the capture zones of points 1-3
-Fixed a corner near Red's last spawn
-Lowered the railing around the last point
-func_detailed some stuff around the last point, including the railings (which I feel stupid for not func_detailing in the first place...)
-Added and adjusted some ammo packs
-Removed a pointless clip brush that was not touching the playable space
-Reduced the brightness of the lights in the old hotel between points C and D to reduce the blindingness of the floor
-After point C is capped, Red team gets an increased respawn time and Blu gets a decreased respawn time
-Added some trees to the main route between point C and D

Read the rest of this update entry...