- Improved clipping

Read the rest of this update entry...

MacRipley

L3: Member
Jan 15, 2015
- New side route from B to C
- Fixed some broken textures
- Expanded B to C immensely,
- Added a second exit for blu's final forward spawn to prevent their exit from being spawncamped
- Added a second spawn room for Red on last, also to prevent spawncamping
- Sealed the annoying jump to the window in the beginning of the map
- Moved A further, past the underpass flank
- Moved B further for balancing, and to accomodate for the B to C expansion's timings
- Sealed the OP sniper spot from back of A
- Improved clipping
- Added a rollback between A and B (SORRY!)
- Moved health/ammo around, added a full health to the A underpass so it is a more useful route
- Added cover and updated B capture point area
- Better signage
- Brighter lighting in some areas that needed it
- Updated the catwalks overlooking C to be less awkward
- Removed catwalk above the terminus, extended out part of it instead of wrapping around a building for no reason
- Removed stairs behind C leading up to blu's flank to prevent Red rushing it easily
- Probably other small fixes I can't think of right now

MacRipley

Jan 15, 2015
- Now called Slagwash
- Updated / improved clipping
- Connected the last two red spawn rooms
- Moved Upper last Red spawn's doors together (less advantageous red exit based on playtesting)
- Updated B's cover
- Flank building to B now has windows instead of a dropdown. Also inaccessible until A is capped
- Added clearance bumpers to several underpasses for the cart because it's FUNNY and they look cool
- Brighter lighting in some areas
- Locked the flank from B to C (the interiors) until C is capped. Based on playtesting it was too OP for blu (but now its a bit more of a choke to get on C)
- Added two windows to beginning side route, replacing the giant hole in the wall
- Accidentally added a barrel right on an ammo pickup, will be fixed in B2 lol
- Other random touchups

MacRipley

Jan 15, 2015
- Some temporary theming and aesthetics, subject to change
- Widened some doorways that needed it
- Increase the time for Blu for each cap
- Updated second Red spawn to remedy an abusive sightline
- Made area after C a little easier to traverse for Blu while fighting for Last
- Some cool new windows in some spots, windows are cool
- Better clipping
- Changed some pickups
- Other stuff I probably don't even remember

MacRipley

Jan 15, 2015
upload_2022-1-19_12-35-6.png
upload_2022-1-19_12-35-20.png
upload_2022-1-19_12-35-35.png
upload_2022-1-19_12-35-48.png
  • Revamped and extended the last area, the original was too close to the previous point and was a bit too chokey. Also it was really difficult for red to defend. So this new version and the new terminus still has a lot of work to be done on it, but it still feels like a muuuuuch better gameplay update
upload_2022-1-19_12-36-47.png
upload_2022-1-19_12-36-58.png
upload_2022-1-19_12-38-13.png
  • Added a second route to the tunnel beneath A. I don't know if people cared for the area but I still like it as an opportunity for spies to make plays. It is kinda shoehorned in, so I will probably need to update the area around the new drop to show players that it even exists! The stairs leading back up to surface is now more open so its not a pyro trap as much
upload_2022-1-19_12-34-45.png
  • To compensate for the new terminus area, C is now moved forward more. Before it was immediately after clearing the rollback and was way too easy for blu to stampede it
upload_2022-1-19_12-39-35.png
  • Removed the corrugated metal here because it was kinda annoying, and rendered this spot almost useless. This spot might get reworked anyways to prevent it from being a really OP sniper hole
upload_2022-1-19_12-42-30.png
  • Nobody noticed while playtesting, but these doors were actually accessible after B was capped due to a trigger error, but that is now fixed!
Lots of other minor things are fixed, including some clips and other optimization. The new last area still needs some clipping in some spots though.

MacRipley

Jan 15, 2015
upload_2022-1-19_23-59-19.png

• Scaffolding in B to C area is now more structured with more cover
upload_2022-1-20_0-0-7.png

• Added a really subtle clip to this ledge so players don't take fall damage when walking off of it (clip height is at 264, whole platform is at 272 which would result in fall damage)
upload_2022-1-20_0-1-40.png

• Updated terminus area. Still not quite happy with it but it's better. The room on the right was originally the red spawn, which is now moved back in a side area
upload_2022-1-20_0-2-39.png
  • New red last spawn (I forgot the resupply sign, oops)
upload_2022-1-20_0-6-25.png
  • Removed a wall separating two rooms between a route that opens up after C is captured. This area now holds what is the new 3rd Red spawn. After C is capped, red spawns at the last room seen above! That means this whole map now has a whopping 7 respawn rooms!

Other miscellaneous changes
  • Updated the window room before B, also now has collisions to prevent sticking to the windows before it opens
  • Reduced clutter cover on B
  • Removed the track above the bridge between B and C
  • All locked doors connected to capture points are now partially open (but still closed) to show that they can be opened
  • Metal stairwell between C and Last is much wider now
  • Fixed a buggy displacement near A going up the side path
  • Other stuff like clipping improvements, moving pickups again, and random visual changes (including breaking some things like the light I accidentally deleted outside of blu's second forward spawn)

Last edited:

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
Map's looking pretty good so far! The only problem I've noticed so far is these... windows? Near A? Hitting them makes the wood surface material noise, but there's nothing there and I can't jump through them. I've included a screenshot below. Other than that, keep it up!

upload_2022-1-20_20-44-17.png

MacRipley

Jan 15, 2015
upload_2022-1-21_22-24-49.png
upload_2022-1-21_22-24-56.png

• Moved the new red spawn room further away from C, to make it less awkward for red to roll out and also for balancing.
upload_2022-1-21_22-25-59.png

• This last area is a lot less awkward, so its now a windowed room for red to have for athe final defense. Houses a full ammo pickup! I may need to change the three window cover directly across now since it may look confusing having one open and one sealed with glass. The previous ledge is now split into a reduced ledge to land on from the window, and the as a ramp to a small high position. The wood overlook behind the terminus now has a railing for safety measures
upload_2022-1-21_22-31-0.png

• The beginning area before A had a little bit of reworking to give blu a little more of an edge to push up to A (or to at least get to the first pit to underpass)
upload_2022-1-21_22-32-26.png

• Back flank around A to B now has a medium health pickup to get a little more use out of it (mainly a Spy lol)

Misc changes:
  • Moved pickups a bit AGAIN
  • Fixed some clips and added some (pretty sure i still missed some spots
  • Some optimization
  • Increased lighting in some areas
  • Fixed offset func_nobuild in blu starting spawn
  • Funny decal