KotH Skyscraper

spaceyoshix

L1: Registered
Sep 17, 2008
So I made this map a little while ago, it was in hiatus for a bit and now I'm back at it. The name of the game is Skyscraper, it's an urban night time sort of map where you fight on top of buildings. RED and BLU make their way to the center building to try and cap the point. Just be careful though, because it's a long way down.

Skyscraper is my second map so I still have a lot to learn, especially with detailing and lighting, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished. If you'd like to try the map, my server (68.232.183.7) is running it 24/7 for testing purposes.

Any comments and criticisms are much appreciated. I don't expect skyscraper to be my opus, I'm just looking to improve.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
This is a small nitpick just going off the screenshot, but I would recommend removing the "Capture point" textures from the bottom of those wooden planks because I assume the entire center building isn't actually a capture point itself--it could lead to confusion.

spaceyoshix

Sep 17, 2008
Actually the wooden planks say 'watch your step' but it does look like the capture point decal at such a low res. Sorry I don't have anything closer right now.

Sep 19, 2010
We imp'd your map tonight and I had a lot of fun. I only played as a Soldier though, so that may have been apart of it. Jump classes have a pretty big advantage when it comes to getting to the point.

One suggestion I have is adding a small fence on top of the buildings near the point. That way you'll still see the enemy spawn, but you won't be able to shoot. Only need to be 128 units high or so.

spaceyoshix

Sep 17, 2008
Do you mean the two stairway exits next to the point that you can also stand on? Those I've noticed are a good spot for snipers to camp the spawn and have been meaning to do something about it. Thanks for the input.

hTzcWPU.jpg

There we go, the thing has been done. This nice wooden fence will stop snipers from spawn camping from the safety of the point.

Last edited: