KotH skylight

Yaram

L1: Registered
Sep 13, 2012
This is the third (technically forth) map I have released. I hope you like it! =)

This map used to be called koth_crowded. I changed it's name and made a new thread for it.

Last edited:

colacan

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 14, 2012
No, I don't. It's a big box with a cp in it, with a larger box around it that has 2 box spawns in it. Too much boxes in here. :mellow:

WolfKit

L3: Member
Jun 26, 2012
No, I don't. It's a big box with a cp in it, with a larger box around it that has 2 box spawns in it. Too much boxes in here. :mellow:

That was harsher than it needed to be.
There definitely should be more work done on the point room to add some more cover and maybe height variation, but it's a decent structure to work on.
Outside of the point area though... Make that map bigger! Spawns are way too close to the point. Adding a "courtyard" (or two) between the spawns and the point makes a buffer for the fighting so that the team that holds the point can push out a bit without being right at opposing spawn.
You don't have to have courtyards (Nucleus) but you still need more room to fight.

colacan

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 14, 2012
Maybe a little harsh, but true.
The walls are thick, 64 unit grid? Try to make them 16, that's normal for walls. Same goes for the floors/walkways.
Also, a ramp or 2 to the upper level can be good, to make it possible for everyone to get there, or else soldiers and demoman are the only classes that can get up there.
This map is not much better then the previous, except that the doorways are larger. But all your maps that you posted (4, not 3 btw) are practically the same: A large room with something (or nothing) in it.
Also, forum stuff can appear more harsh then it is meant to be. :p

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
Get an organized team together and one team or the other will never get out of spawn - you need more exits.