1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Skyboxes

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Grim Tuesday, May 26, 2010.

1. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    OK, so I am trying to make a 2D skybox for one of my maps. I have managed to get all the VTF's in to photoshop, and layed out correctly (Thanks to Djive, and Rexy--truly wonderful tutorials). However, I cant figure out how to make a convincing looking skybox with PSE8. Does anyone have any hints and tips for doing this? Is there a particular tool I should be using?

Thanks in advance!

2. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Saddly, I am able to easily pice together the skybox parts, and make them TF2 compatible. My problem is in the actual editing, and making TF2-ey style.

4. TheTurnip

TheTurnip L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Study the art/industrial styles that inspired the game devs!

5. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    There's not much advice that can be given here, apart from what TheTurnip said; you just have to observe what TF2 skies look like, and attempt to make yours similar.

6. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Keep the noise low, the flowing from colors very smooth, and keep any major pieces of the environment in it easily identifiable and not incredibly detailed. Silhouettes make up the skybox basically.

• Thanks Thanks x 1