Skybox problems!

Simulacron

L-3: Simulated Member
aa
Feb 17, 2016
Hi there,
today I added the game logic to my map, but after I did this every time I open the map in tf2 the game crashes. I only copy and pasted the game logic out of my other map, so this should work. I already checked the compile lock on "http://www.interlopers.net/errors/" but the only problem there is:

can't load skybox file skybox/sky_trainyard_01 to build the default cubemap!
Description:
You have entered a skybox texture which doesn't seem to be valid. Make sure you don't specify the last three letter (_UP, _DN, etc) of any skybox texture you use. You may also need to fix your vmt files if they are broken. It may also be caused by compiling a non-HDR skybox texture.

I already changed the skybox texture, but this isn't fixing the problem.
What must I do to solve this Problem ( if you need the compile lock, please tell me)
Thanks for helping!

Mar 23, 2013
that error comes up with all of the tf2 skybox textures. Just ignore it, it won't break anything

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
You always had this error because cubemaps don't come with skyboxes--you have to build them yourself. You only just noticed it because your game crashed for another reason which led you to check the log. But as Lampenpam said, don't worry about it.

Your crash was clearly caused by logic, based on your post. All you can do is either upload the vmf for someone to check out, or try to figure out what went wrong yourself. Since you copied from your other map, maybe you forgot an entity? Otherwise, read the developer wiki page for the gamemode you're trying to make, or just copy and paste the logic from ABS's gametype library.

EDIT: if you have multiple sets of gamemode logic in the same map that can lead to crashes.