Skybox not working 0 it's skweded to one side

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, Scratching my head again - thought I would add in a 3d Skybox for my map - first time doing one and followed this:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=116

Works great when I follow it and I duplicated the tutorial and got great results - but when I try to dupliacte it in my canyon map it isn't working - everything is skewed (yes sky cam is at 0 0 0) to one side.

Any ideas?

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    The camera doesn't have to be at 0 0 0, but it represents where 0 0 0 is in your map, if that makes sense.

Basically put it at 0 0 0, and that is the point that it is going to represent when you move it, in relation to your map.

So whatever is in your skybox, in relation to the sky cam entity, is going to act like it's around 0 0 0 blown up 16x.

3. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    ok tried to center my map out around 000

I got the hall mirrors effect in the main map - no leaks in the map at all - no cliffs in the sky or surrounding area.

If I no clip and fly into the skybox everything is working just the way it should in a map in terms of seeing the cliffs I've made and I'm getting the hall of mirrors there too

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    The skybox entity needs to be in the skybox, not the main map.