Skybox no like me

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Jonasguy, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Jonasguy

Jonasguy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So I am in the process of creating my first map. It is a KOTH map, and I have managed to create working spawns, control point, et cetera.

The problem is the skybox. While the skybox texture is correct (I am using the skybox from the Sawmill map, alpinesky or something like that) it has a very unusual issue when I play the map. The skybox copies whatever is on my screen over and over again in a very annoying fashion. Is there any way to fix this issue? Will creating a 3d skybox help (I only have the 2D sky texture as of now) or what?

Thank you for your help.

2. Kraken

Kraken Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess

Positive Ratings:
    Are you using the texture as a sky? You need to use the 3d skybox tool texture.

3. radarhead

aa radarhead Level 20 "Mapper"

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like you either forgot to use the skybox texture, or you have a leak.

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  5. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Did you put the skybox camera in the main map?

6. Jonasguy

Jonasguy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I did put the skybox camera in the main map. How do you fix a leak exactly?

7. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    What? This isn't necessary at all, you shouldn't have more than one light_environment per map. One will emit light from all skybox textures including in the 3d skybox.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Snowbat

Snowbat L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    What? No. That's not necessary. And the sky_camera only goes in the separate area of the 3D skybox.

I usually have thge Hall Of Mirrors effect when I use a sky texture that doesn't work. Make sure you used a correct name for the sky in Map Properties.