skybox lighting help?

FunkEdge

L3: Member
Jan 14, 2017
Can you give me good light environment settings for early sunrise? around 5AM if possible?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Depends on the skybox you use, each and every one of them has their own lighting settings to make the lighting not look weird (as in sun shines from one end of the map while the skybox texture has the sun in the other direction). Check around on this site in the downloads section, there's a good amount of custom skyboxes with lighting available, I'm sure one or more will fit your needs.

edit here are some of them: https://tf2maps.net/downloads/categories/skyboxes.27/

note that not all skyboxes are likely in that category, some can be misplaced or not tagged as a skybox so do look around for more.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I don't know if it's early enough for your tastes, but the Dawn sky that Owly-Oop made is sadly underutilized. It'd be especially good for an asymmetrical map where BLU is heading mainly in one direction (a la Gorge or Mountain Lab); just put their spawn on the east end and make sure the RED buildings of interest are in direct sunlight.