skybox is seen through objects

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Owen*

L1: Registered
Jun 18, 2020
My skybox is not working as intended in my map (as the title suggests). I have put it through Interlopers.net and this is what i got:
You have entered a skybox texture which doesn't seem to be valid. Make sure you don't specify the last three letter (_UP, _DN, etc) of any skybox texture you use. You may also need to fix your vmt files if they are broken. It may also be caused by compiling a non-HDR skybox texture.

I don't quite understand it so I was hoping you guys could help me out. (I'm making my first "playable" map)

SIMMONDS

L1: Registered
Apr 21, 2020
This means that hammer is unable to read the .vmf for your skybox - now this could've been due to misspelling although corruption is another factor.

Is this a custom skybox? Or one used from an official tf2 map?

Furthermore, the reason you're seeing the "skybox" through certain objects is due to the fact that there is likely a map leak present (possibly caused by the missing skybox texture).

Do me a favor and try using the skybox "sky_day01_06" without the quotes and let me know if that works! :)

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
If the error is "can't load skybox file ______ to build the default cubemap!" you can ignore it. It just means reflections will look wrong until you actually make cubemaps, which isn't a big deal.

Could we also get a picture of how the bug looks?