KotH Skelter

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Maritime KotH map set within an old fairground & carnival pier.

48b4f50552.png

Last edited:

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
Well, 'grats on a new map. Had a quick look on it. There are a few things that are a bit of a concern.

Following into this area here ->
2014-07-18_00002_zps9c7502e8.jpg

I found terrain that was merging through the wall ->
2014-07-18_00001_zpsbf673756.jpg

This could use some sewing->
2014-07-18_00003_zpsb2acdb78.jpg

Some odd glitch going on with the water when going though this door.
2014-07-18_00004_zpseccd6c01.jpg

So, this is found on both sides of the map. No access to anyone. No clipping though, its just a dead end. I suspect it may have been an alternative exit or a underwater tunnel that connected somewhere before hand? Maybe I'm missing something then, but otherwise its confusing because the visualizer just makes me think its a playable area somewhere...
2014-07-18_00005_zpsa631e204.jpg

I don't like how the exit doors to the spawn are right next to each other. Can we get a third exit or something or one of them moved? Perhaps an exit to that small room to the right (exiting spawn)?

I hope this helps.
-Inqy

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Well, 'grats on a new map. Had a quick look on it. There are a few things that are a bit of a concern.

Following into this area here ->
[]
I found terrain that was merging through the wall ->
[]

This could use some sewing->
[]

Some odd glitch going on with the water when going though this door.
[]

So, this is found on both sides of the map. No access to anyone. No clipping though, its just a dead end. I suspect it may have been an alternative exit or a underwater tunnel that connected somewhere before hand? Maybe I'm missing something then, but otherwise its confusing because the visualizer just makes me think its a playable area somewhere...
[]

I don't like how the exit doors to the spawn are right next to each other. Can we get a third exit or something or one of them moved? Perhaps an exit to that small room to the right (exiting spawn)?

I hope this helps.
-Inqy

I knew I'd forgotten something (checking displacements seaming through walls) and the rock seam is probably just me forgetting to check properly if they're all connected right.

Otherwise, the visualizer route was going to be a little easter egg which I decided against so I should probably take that out. (why am I even doing these things at a1? who knows?).

As for the water bug, I have no idea. Areaportals maybe?

Aand the spawns won't take 5 minutes to rebuild elsewhere. With it being KotH I can probably have a bigger spawn than now.

Last edited:

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A2
- Midpoint changed from weird wood thingies to a Helter Skelter
- Mapname changed to 'skelter'
- Removed side route around outside building
- Spawnroom centered at back of building

- Added a basic beach & pier in implied brushing
- Changed implied theme from Alpine to Maritime
- Changed 2D skybox to sky_hydro
Download (bz2)

Chronicius

L1: Registered
Jun 11, 2014
Alas, this is "cool". I am nagged by the subaequorean exit, however.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Pretty fun. Most of the action seems to take place in the building with the accessible roof, so you should look at making it a bit bigger so more dudes can fit in it. Maybe make the doors a bit bigger, and also change the health to a medium.

I think the map could use a bit more highground. Maybe a balcony in the yards to the sides of the point?

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A3
- Helter skelter no longer hollow
- Spawn remade to be a tiny bit further back
- Rightside building rebuilt to be more interesting to gameplay
- Midpoint area overlapping stairs {with crates on} changed to a shed with medium ammo inside

- Removed shutter doors leading up to the pipes
- Added detached slides down the side of the helter skelter; scouts can use to their advantage ala 2fort bridge
- Buffer zone remade to be less ambitious (no more water)
Download (bz2)

Pretty fun. Most of the action seems to take place in the building with the accessible roof, so you should look at making it a bit bigger so more dudes can fit in it. Maybe make the doors a bit bigger, and also change the health to a medium.

I think the map could use a bit more highground. Maybe a balcony in the yards to the sides of the point?

Didn't see this until after, but I'll certainly do some more like this in a4, and try to make that building more interesting.