1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Site Staff: Open for applications!

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by theharribokid, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    Hey TF2maps, so it's come to me and the rest of the TF2maps Moderators attention that it's a been a bit quiet on our front and quite a few of us have become rather inactive (myself included) and grown apart from the community in recent months. So, In light of that we're opening up a few positions on the site staff team to replace those who will be stepping down and to help breath new life into the team.

What we expect from members of our team I feel is best summed up by one of our ex Site Admins DJive here in the spoiler below:
    So if you feel like you're interested in helping moderate, maintain, improve and expand the site and community, please post below stating your interest. In your post, please leave preferred form of contact and send me, theharribokid, a PM (Direct link) on why you'd like to join the site staff team, what you feel you'll bring to the team and site. Please also state if you have any previous moderation experience and any other skills that you feel could benefit the site and community.

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  2. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    I guess I prefer Steam PM if I'm online, email if I'm not. What else needs including here?

3. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    ~Deleted~

While giving other members of the community encouragement is very nice of you that's not what this thread is for and I don't want any popularity contests to arrise - theharribokid

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
  4. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    With my immense wealth of minerals as well as swagger, I would be honored to lead my kingdom forth beneath a banner emblazoned with a multicolored array of anthropomorphic dicks.

Contact me via Steam or paypal if you would like to make a campaign contribution.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    if i sign up do i get mappers medallion

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I guess i'm interested. Steam PM is probably better, but i guess forum PM is easier with time zones and whatnot.

7. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    This thread is a serious request for applications; I highly recommend that you treat it as such.

@Doom, no, not right off the bat.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  8. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    fascist

youre the reason we need new mods

~Infraction for Insulting a member, and a member of the staff at that. It's unacceptable. Either talk to me or any other member of the Site Staff if you have an issue with one of us and we'll discuss it. Keep your insults out of our community, be it here or the steam chat. - theharribokid

E: editing out my pointing out that it was obviously a joke is very cute :]

The subsequent infraction pertaining to the above comment by Sel has been reversed and was due to us both making edits within a minute of each other, the proposed "editing out" by me was as follows:

- theharribokid

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  9. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    I seriously doubt you're joking. If you want to go ahead and complain how bad I may or may not have been, you can PM me here on the forums.

It was decided to condense all the staff into just the overarching "Site staff" title since the server is more/less self sustaining now (it's all fancy and the like).

10. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  11. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    I assure you if I thought you were a huge piece of shit of a staff member I would have no problem straight up telling you that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    To be honest it was obvious to me he was joking. I don't think anyone can really complain too much about your contributions

If you want to keep this thread clean by the way you may want to split the off-topic responses into their own thread

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    Agreed, move any more discussion to another thread please

14. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    It should be noted: that once (if) you become site staff you will not receive a medal for being site staff right away.

EDIT: While I hope that you aren't applying for that reason. If you are, I just wanted to make it clear.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  15. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    I know I will never fill the huge gap filled by our greatest admin ever leaving (okrag), but im in chat a lot and i love tf2. steam/tf2m pm is gr8.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  16. _FR_Starfox64

_FR_Starfox64 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm free and have some knowledges as admin so if your interested PM me on forums.

Having a French could be cool :)

17. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You have ten or eleven posts and your map was a box.

18. _FR_Starfox64

_FR_Starfox64 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This is not based on maps peoples made.

Yes 10 posts, AND...

19. AngryAngus

AngryAngus L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    To be frank, why should you get admin over veterans in this community. How do we know you're trustworthy? How do we know you'll contribute to the community?

I think it'd be smarter to interact more with the community, like joining group chat, playing in gamedays, and posting in the forums, so we get to know you before you make any move to get admin. Because at this point, I've not noticed you in chat or gamedays once.

20. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Now I don't know if this is AngryAngus or DiplomaticAngus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.