Site Moved

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Geit, May 14, 2016.

1. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    So due to some issues with our old hosting provider, the site has been moved over to a new server. Unfourtunately, around 6 hours of data was lost in the move between around 23:00 GMT and 05:00 GMT. This affects posts by @CommodoreBluth @Egan @NickTF @Zed @RataDeOrdenador @Seitan @Asd417 @Potoroo84 @TMB. Please rest assured your deleted posts were not moderative action, and you are free to remake them.

The new server is running on PHP7 which has broken some of the older software we use on the site(namely the feedback panel). And I'll be applying fixes over the coming weeks in order to rectify those issues, I'm currently very busy with my last set of University exams, and my dissertation so it will take time.

If you spot any issues, feel free to report them here.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know if this is related, but I can't connect to the site using Mozilla Firefox, my default browser. I can connect with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, and when I tried connecting to the site on my testing laptop using Firefox I could.

Any ideas why?

3. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Damn broken feedback panel is serious. Are you sure that fixing it is possible and will just take some time or not?

4. Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    And I just go this error:
    [​IMG]

5. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    So the little popup we had yesterday that said the site might be down for up to 3 days... I'm assuming if we're able to access the site now, the new IP has already resolved for us and it's posting business as usual?

6. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure why that would be. Hopefully it fixes itself within the next day, I'm connecting fine from Firefox.

Yeah, PHP7 doesn't support the mysql extension, so I'm having to rewrite parts of the panel to use the mysqli extension instead. I've got bare minimum functionality up, but that's about as much as I can do right now. Don't be surprised if you see some of these errors till I have more time.

Yup, that's correct.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
  8. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    I was wondering why my threads weren't updating. Thank you for letting us know what's going on, and for keeping this website up and running for all of us to use.

10. Seitan

Seitan L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for letting me know about this

11. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I thought I still had some time left on my Premium. Has the account status stuff been affected by the site move?

It's possible that it simply ran out at the same time as the site move, but the timing seemed weird. Is it safe to renew or does the site still have some moving kinks to work out?

12. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    I think there's still something wrong with the game servers. I tried joining EU earlier and I was stuck on 'Parsing Game Info'.

13. Bakscratch

aa Bakscratch Finisher of Maps

Positive Ratings:
    RIP donator

14. Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    Well I can get onto the site on Firefox now, but I can't login. Doesn't matter if I try log in though the site or via Steam, each time it comes back with 404 not found.

15. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I'll register my own problem: www.tf2maps.net does not work - chrome and firefox can't find the DNS - but tf2maps.net does, as does directly putting the IP in.

16. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
  17. Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    Same for me. I've just check the URL's in the browers and using Edge it only displays 'tf2maps.net'

That said, I thought the reason for that was that it simply hid the "http://www" from all URL's as that's always needed when identifying which site you're currently viewing, the more importing bit being what comes after the 'www'.

18. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    for me both www.tf2maps.net and tf2maps.net work, but trying to click anything on www.tf2maps.net be it forums, featured maps or feedback sends me to error 404. deleting www from wherever i was trying to go makes it work.
    trying to go from www.tf2maps.net to a content pack works fine tho