Single intel issue

ChickenLover

L2: Junior Member
Jun 28, 2008
I'm working on a map that uses a single intel for PTF (Push The Flag) gametype. When the intel is dropped it should fall to the ground and remain for 15 seconds for the team who dropped it. After 15 seconds the intel will turn neutral and either team may pick it up. 15 seconds later, if still not picked up, the intel will return to the center.

The issue is that for some cases the intel when dropped will not remain the color of the team who dropped it. Instead it will drop as neutral and will continue to drop as neutral till 15 seconds have passed and someone picks it up again, or till it returns to the center. The issue can be reproduced with another player or a bot fairly easily. It can also be reproduced by oneself by waiting for the intel to turn neutral, but it seems harder to do for some reason.

I think one of two things is happening. Either the trigger_multiples are not enabling for some reason when they are supposed to, or perhaps the trigger_multiples are not getting touched when the intel is picked up.

I've tested the range of the trigger_multiple's below and they seem to be large enough to change the intel color when picked up, but since I cannot find an official range of the intel in units I cannot be sure.

My first attempt of the below setup was a clone from this thread which uses a single logic_timer and fairly different Outputs instead of the system below. At one point I thought the logic_timer was the cause of the issue so I built the below system instead. Both systems suffer from the same issue though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have perhaps found another system that performs the same function but does not have the same issue I would switch in a heartbeat. Also, if you do happen to know the range of the intel in units that would be great for my testing purposes.

The below entities are also included in this file. (You may need to right click save as)

trigger_multiple
name triggerblu
parent flag
filter name filter_blue_team
delay before reset 0

OnStartTouchAll flag SetTeam 3

trigger_multiple
name triggerred
parent flag
filter name filter_red_team
delay before reset 0

OnStartTouchAll flag SetTeam 2

item_teamflag
name flag
gametype CTF
team Any
Return Time 30

OnCapture counter SetValue 0
OnDrop countersub Enable
OnDrop countersub FireTimer
OnPickup triggerred Disable
OnPickup triggerblu Disable
OnPickup countersub Disable
OnPickup counter SetValue 15
OnReturn counter SetValue 0

math_counter
name counter
Minimum Legal Value 0
Maximum Legal Value 15

OnHitMin triggerred Enable
OnHitMin triggerblu Enable
OnHitMin flag SetTeam 0
OnHitMin countersub Disable

logic_timer
name countersub
Start Disabled Yes
Refire Interval 1

OnTimer counter Subtract 1

ChickenLover

L2: Junior Member
Jun 28, 2008
I may have solved this with a simple case of "bigger is better". I've enlarged the two trigger_multiples by about 50% and made them into a hexagon shape. So far testing has resulted in no issues. I'll be happy if it is fixed, but at the same time I will hate myself for screwing with all of the entities for the last two days. ;)