SIngle-flag CTF?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

jamin620

L1: Registered
Jan 30, 2008
is it possible to have Single FLag CTF?

I want to have the flag start in the center of the map, and have both teams trying to bring it into their opponent's base. is this possible?

Oct 25, 2007
Yes it is possible to have a single flag CTF. There's one hitch. The flag (briefcase) has no neutral skin, it's default colour is red.

Apart from that cosmetic problem, there's no problem.

When you create the iteam_teamflag entity, it ask you which team owns it. Make sure it says Any.

Last edited:

trackhed

L3: Member
Jan 24, 2008
another variation of this would be sort of like a mixture of the VIP mode of play in tfc and the CP style of play in tf2

start with a setup countdown. Only one team has a capture point and they start with the flag, their objective is to move the intel from one place to another.

the other teams objective is to obtain and hold the intel for X amount of minutes.

jamin620

L1: Registered
Jan 30, 2008
Honestly, I already have the layout for the map, and it will be a pretty standard CTF layout, with a big central courtyard but no battlements. I was thinking the gameplay could turn out like a rugby game.