Simple Orange

Zhiv

L1: Registered
Nov 15, 2009
Well here was my first map. I made it really small. But that didn't stop if from being a fave on the team-vipers.com crit server. They just love it!

This map is an allbright map. It was my first delve into the mapping attempts. Here's the basics tho.

• Really tiny
  • Blu has slight advantage
  • demos, sollys, and pryos (oh my) have most advantage

The key to 'winning' the map is to gain control over the mid cp first. The two cp's near the spawn take forever to cap (10 sec), but is doable. I've yet to play this on a non-crit server, but I'm sure it's doable there too.

It's playable on the Team Viper Crit server, if an admin is available. It might even be in the normal rotation, I'm not sure.

Server: 8.9.8.237:27015

Ok, let the critiques fly! :D

Aug 10, 2009
Never. EVER have fullbright. Please provide a better layout that is suitable for normal tf2 play, as well as a detail scheme to go with it. This isn't a place to make a map in 3 hours and throw it out there...

Feb 17, 2009
What the F is wrong with you people? So many orange maps in tree days. Is world coming to an end?
At least add textures... And fullbright? Is it so hard to add lights?
Crit server?

Im sorry, but i cant take this any more :mad:

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Agreed. We need a section for these.

On this forum that section might as well be "off topic."

There's nothing wrong with testing your skills in mapping and attempting to do a few maps, even if the're allbright and non-textured, but I strongly discourage you from posting them here, or anywhere for that matter.

Put some more work into this, maybe start focusing on making it playable for all classes rather then giving a select few the advantage. Also, just use some placeholder textures that aren't orange... hell even youme's Red/Blu dev textures would make things look nicer.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
This is your first map. Most often these will be terrible and should not really be released to the public (small private tests are good though!).
In my eyes this map looks like a experiment where you learn hammer and it's tools, and then you decided to put it up on the internet for some reason.

My suggestions would be that you continue to build things in hammer and try them out with your friends, and once you have tried all the basic features of hammer/source (like lights and displacements) you can start making a "real map".

Until you have something with a little more potential than a fullbright orange map, any positive feedback will be scarce...

Good luck!

Zhiv

L1: Registered
Nov 15, 2009
Yup. Definitely not a map for the wild. But that being said, many times, I have moved on. And don't count my football_v1 as anything special. I seem to have issues with the HU. But expect a new map in a month or so...only time will tell.

Thanks for the critisim and feedback. It really does help a lot.

Peace,
Zhiv