Simple MVM Revive Marker

VScript Simple MVM Revive Marker v3

fiend

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2020
fiend submitted a new resource:

Simple MVM Revive Marker - A simple way to spawn revive markers outside of MVM

This is a short script to spawn the revive markers from MVM at will, without needing MVM logic in your map.
Setup:
  1. Add
    Code:
    IncludeScript("reviveMarker.nut")
    to the script file you plan to call this script from
  2. Call
    Code:
    spawnReviveMarker(player)
    , with "player" being the handle for the player you want to create a revive marker for
  3. Thats it!
Shortcomings:
  • This DOES NOT automatically spawn one of these on death, I leave that up to you (in...

Read more about this resource...

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Does it actually work or is it just for show?

fiend

Jun 7, 2020
It works nearly perfectly to my knowledge, the only thing this script does is handle spawning and deletion, everything else is handled by the game itself. The only part that currently does not work is the "cancel" button on the revive dialog, which simply does nothing.

fiend

Jun 7, 2020
fiend updated Simple MVM Revive Marker with a new update entry:

v2

Fixed players respawning while being revived. The way this is done is a bit hack-y since the game normally handles this, but that unfortunately doesn't work when the revive markers are spawned via vscript. If you get any weird things happening to players with this script (usually around the player being "alive" or "dead"), please tell me!

Read the rest of this update entry...

fiend

Jun 7, 2020
fiend updated Simple MVM Revive Marker with a new update entry:

v3

Moved revive marker to its own class to allow for easy extending and overwriting of the default script. This does make the initial setup a tiny bit more complicated.
Added an extra optional parameter to spawnReviveMarker which lets you set the amount of health is needed to revive a player (alongside more flexibility, this also allows you to make sure the health doesn't get too high, for gamemodes with long rounds)

Read the rest of this update entry...