SilverPeak

hydrage

L1: Registered
Apr 9, 2008
PLR_SILVERPEAK
by hydrage

This is a single-stage payload race which uses checkpoints and auto-rolling bombcarts to reduce stalemates and fatigue. The alpine setting is located in an old mining town high up in the Rocky Mountains.

----

This is the second alpha release, which now offers an "auto-roll" feature for both bombcarts, in addition to the checkpoints and tie-breaking Center Point features from the previous release.
  • Auto-Rolling - Each bombcart will automatically move forward on its own, and will move even faster when team members are next to it. However, if the enemy stands next to the cart, it will stop. If the enemy remains next to the cart unopposed for more than 10 seconds, the cart will begin to move slowly backward.
  • Center Point - The Center Point serves as a tie-breaker whenever time runs out. The only way to take control of the Center Point is to be the first team to capture each consecutive checkpoint along the tracks.
  • Bombsites - The first team to push its cart all the way into the enemy's base will instantly win, and will bask in the glorious triumph of an explosion.
The map is fully functional. However, the textures, displacements, and detail-work are still in development, so please don't bother commenting on them (or the lack of them) just yet. I'm currently more interested in feedback related to the gameplay. Also, please let me know of any bugs or exploits!

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!!

Last edited:

hydrage

Apr 9, 2008
I've added a couple of screenshots. I'll try to add some more soon. Remember though, this is an alpha release, and almost all the textures are dev textures and there's very little detail work. So screenshots will not be "pretty" yet.

As far as playtesting is concerned, the whole map is fully functional: working spawnrooms w/ resupply cabinets and respawnvisualizers, working doors, working health and ammo distribution, working bombcarts, working (exploding) bombsites, etc. What remains to be seen is whether the map is fun and balanced... which hopefully the TF2Maps.net playtesters can help with?

Might want to change the grass texture to alpine grass

Thanks, I'll do that when I convert the ground to displacements.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
They do need more grass textures as i can never find one which doesn;t look either too messy or too hl2

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Oh, this looks interesting! Hope you can pull it off!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Wow, this map looks huge. Are you sure that running such long distances between your kart and your base won't slow the gameplay down a bit?

hydrage

Apr 9, 2008
Next version is ready.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2850

This version now has an "auto-rolling" feature that enables the carts to move forward by themselves. Standing next to your own cart will make it move faster, and standing next to the enemy cart will make it stop. But if the cart is left unattended, it will begin moving forward on its own. However, the carts cannot capture checkpoints by themselves, so player intervention is still necessary at various places.

Also, the forward spawnrooms are now almost at the middle of the map, so travel time between your spawn and the cart has been significantly reduced. This change, along with the auto-rolling carts, should make the gameplay much faster.