Silo-C

silo_c b4a

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You need to start using sensible suffixes.

-a8b1 is rediculous, not only because most people think _c is part of that as well, which makes it 7 unique characters to remember.

You want cp_silo_<single letter><single number> eg: cp_silo_a5 and thats it. drop all the rediculous stuff because server admins will never remember it, and as a consequence will never run your map.

Jamini

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2008
- The Bell Soundscape on the first stage is very irritating. It would be nice if you could dim it a bit. If not, I'd recommend removing it.

-The entire map takes a very long time to complete from end to end, and near the end it becomes absurdly difficult for BLU to take points. You may consider consolidating some stages (points 1+2 could be one stage easily, and 6+7 could be another)

-The Fuel point in the third stage is hard to take as BLU is force to attack from the low ground and has very few ways to get up to the point (and the sentries guarding it)

-Engineering feels like a very *final* point, as it is absurdly hard to take provided RED has more than one engineer. A number of play testers were surprised that the map didn't end after that cap.

-The Control Room cap has a very long run from BLU spawn to the cap. you might move the spawn a little closer.

Cinnamon Whirl

L1: Registered
May 9, 2008
I think red had an easy time on this map - most maps first playthrough, no one knows where to put an SG, and the result is an easy blu capture - not so here. Blu got seperated quickly and was picked off by red.

The last stage (with all the girders) felt like a whole map in itself!

Feb 17, 2009
It felth like ''Team Life 2''. There are too many hl2 textures, actually there shouldnt be any, but there are. Quick, replace them with tf2 textures.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Do you guys have an enormously abnormal amount of dynamic entities (not stuff like func_detail or prop_static) in this map? Because the demos for it are always like six times larger than comparable length demos of any other map. :/

brick

L3: Member
Apr 12, 2008
Yes there are quite a few. There are the NPC guys standing around then prop_dynamics that couldnt be statics. Then we have a lot of light spots. Then we have a lot of triggers running in the back ground. It probably all adds up.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
It might be wise to look into streamlining or otherwise reducing the amount of entities since it would reduce the load on the server. "Adding up" hardly seems like the cause since TC and PLR maps which use enormous amounts of entities don't even begin get near the size of the demos your map makes.
I'm not positive that is the cause, but since demos record the state of everything in the map at every frame, I can only assume it is due to entities.

and about those "NPCs"... you really shouldn't have those. Using player models (animated ones at that) in a map is not good for gameplay.