Siege

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
Siege is an attack / defend map. There are 5 capture point wich blu must capture, starting with the capture point on the bottom and working your way up to the top.

the general idea of this map is that red (the defending team) has a advantage over blu, by starting higher. Also near the bottom everything is more open, allowing for classes that like space and near the top everything becomes more cramped, allowing for spam classes. each control point, with exeption of the first one, has at least two routes leading to them. the first control point is very close to the blu spawn, and is therefore more easely captured.

May 2, 2009
It may be littlebit too easy for red to spawn camp Blue spawn door. There aren't much cover for blue to advance and this may cause some serious spam. Maybe some add some roofs and alternative routes.

But I like your idea of advancing vertically rather than horizontally.

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
thanky you for commenting

It may be littlebit too easy for red to spawn camp Blue spawn door.
fair enough, I can make two spawnroom for blu instead of one.

There aren't much cover for blue to advance and this may cause some serious spam.
True, I think I will make one of the paths more safe

Maybe some add some roofs and alternative routes.
roofs, maybe, but then so you cant stand on them. (to provide cover, but not to help red)
I think I will make a big alternetive path

But I like your idea of advancing vertically rather than horizontally.
glad you like it.

Sicram

L1: Registered
Sep 15, 2009
Sorry mate but the name cp_siege is already taken. I've made a map with that name which has been in use for several months and is in late beta stage.

It's on the cusom map server at www.simiancage.org

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Sorry mate but the name cp_siege is already taken. I've made a map with that name which has been in use for several months and is in late beta stage.

It's on the cusom map server at www.simiancage.org

just saying...but velvet made a map called cp_siege...oh...last year minimum...
he gave up on it, but still...you weren't the first :p

Sicram

L1: Registered
Sep 15, 2009
just saying...but velvet made a map called cp_siege...oh...last year minimum...
he gave up on it, but still...you weren't the first :p

Well, I'm using mine and I bet there are name duplicates I just wanted to give a heads up on that. And imagine how fast we'd run out of names if canceled map names were "taken" eh? :p