Showing capture points on the default CTF HUD?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Muddy, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. I've changed up the capture logic in ctf_pasty so that it takes a few seconds to cap the flag (using slightly convoluted control point logic). It's all working, the only issue is that the control points aren't appearing on the HUD as long as the default CTF hud is there.

I've tried using the ctf_cp_hybrid logic, but that removes the team points from the HUD, which I need in this gamemode (it's single-flag CTF where you cap the flag in the enemy base, kind of like Passtime but with the ctf flag).

help

2. RodionJenga

RodionJenga L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I had to make the point numbers into cp icons with intel symbols for ctf_penthouse. Could work in this case with the 6 scoring icons in the middle and the 2 capping icons on each end or vice versa.
    Most of the fb I was getting is that the vanilla ctf hud isn't that customisable, sadly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Huh... that's pretty smart, actually. I gotta try that.

EDIT: Er, any chance I could get a download for those custom CP icons?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. RodionJenga

RodionJenga L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'll do you one better, Mud

Here is my newly updated prefab, which includes the icons and the rest of the game logic i used. You just need to rearrange them with the cp index values.

Also, here is the original thread where I totally came up with this concept on my own and YM didn't help at all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1