show/hide 2D view selected dimensions

b1gl4ke

L2: Junior Member
May 25, 2014
I must have hit a hotkey or something I wasn't supposed to because when I have a anything selected in my 2D views it no longer shows the dimensions (width, length, height). I went through the hammer hotkey list and tools>options>2d and the setting doesn't seem to be in either. How do I show those numbers again?

edit: It looks like this guy had the same problem. http://tf2maps.net/threads/the-meas...my-blocks-and-selections-have-vanished.25855/ ....and this guy too http://tf2maps.net/threads/help-hammer-unit-measurements-toggled-off.23578/ Nothing seems to fix the problem though.

Last edited:

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
it seems that you hit shift + z... but I feel that isn't answering what you're asking.

Shift + Z is a key command to restrict the workspace to a specific view, whether it be the X/Y, Y/Z OR THE X/Z view points, or the perspective vie point

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
You are correct in assuming that was not what he was asking, Colt. However, a quick Google search, a look through the menus of Hammer, and the discouraging fact that neither of those other two users had their problems fixed makes me think that you may have a problem with Hammer itself. The best advice I could give you would be to delete the Hammer.exe found in your TF folder, then verify your cache, which should redownload the file.

b1gl4ke

L2: Junior Member
May 25, 2014
Thanks for the replies. I just started up hammer again and it fixed itself. I have no idea why. My tf2 was screwed up when I started it up so a verified my cache but as far as I know that wouldn't ever affect hammer.

Kryptos

L1: Registered
Mar 27, 2016
I'm having this issue too and theres a frustrating lack of information about it. Interestingly, I checked to see if my tf2 was acting odd and it would crash after the Valve logo, so ill verify cache too and see if that fixes my missing measurements.

Edit: Yeap, Verifying my TF2 Cache fixed the missing measurement displays. Computers are weird.