Should I get CS:S?

Nov 14, 2009
Its on sale for today and tomorow, and im curious as to if you guys like it. I am a TF2 gamer, who mains (and is not bad at all at) soldier. Should I get it for $7?

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
I'd agree with Ninjilla, $7 is worth it. CS:S is pretty simplistic compared to TF2 (IMO anyway), but it's good for when you just want to play something quick and to-the-point with simple objectives. Full support for bots on all default maps also makes it easier to play offline than TF2.

If you have and enjoy Garry's Mod, it's also worth it just for all the content you can get for that. :p Many, many custom GMod maps (including a lot of really, really good ones) use CS:S resources...

It also has de_haunts, the GREATEST FPS MAP EVAR (even if only for the theming), available for it. :O (It actually plays okay too, from what I can tell in my limited CS:S experience anyway.)

Last edited:

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
CSS is really good. To really enjoy it though you need to find a good server.

And I guess on the surface it's simpler than TF2... but there is an incredibly deep game lying in there if you have the time and willpower to look for it.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
I can't remember why i have CS:S on my games list... Didn't it come with HL2 for free?

I'm pretty sure it did when the first box copy came out. Ah those were good old days... loathing steam's download system because of dial-up connection. Ahhhh......

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
Personally, it's not my cup of tea. I only bought it for the Gmod assessts myself, but yeah. I should point out that the reason for this sale is that there was a wacking great big update, complete with SPUF doing the "Valve updated a game" routine and proclaiming the game dead. You may want to stay away from there for a while, especially the CS:S section.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The mass majority of players are stereotypical internet sociopaths but the game has its charm.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
If you can run it smoothly then yes i would advise it.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure it did when the first box copy came out. Ah those were good old days... loathing steam's download system because of dial-up connection. Ahhhh......

It also came with the Game of the Year edition.

Pooluke41

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 24, 2010
Nope, I
would not. Its full of 13 year olds...

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
At one time I considered getting it for the props and textures (for making standalone mods; they go well with Half-Life 2's), but then I got Left 4 Dead, which it turns out has nearly all if not all of Counter-Strike's stuff in it. So I probably won't bother.

Plus, even if I were interested in the gameplay style (and I'm really not, particularly), I've only heard bad things about the kind of people I'd be playing with.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I don't have Gmod, and if I ever got it, it'd just be for making comics or something.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
I don't have Gmod, and if I ever got it, it'd just be for making comics or something.

What sort of decent comic doesn't have stereotypical terrorists in it? And more importantly, where else will I get my desert eagle from, and how will i go around spamming it on other players?
..Apart from L4D2, that is..

.....mehehe..